Thursday, July 9, 2015

Thursday, July 9th, 2015

Happy 4th anniversary to my wonderful wife Elizabeth!!  It doesn't seem like it's been four years since we threw the greatest wedding and reception the world has ever seen...

We hadn't really planned to do much for our anniversary this year, as most of our attention has been focused on Nolan's SECOND birthday which is coming up soon.  He is getting so big!  This Tuesday we took him around campus to have his two-year photo shoot.  Here are just a few of the many photos we have...
Family photo on central campus
As you can tell, Nolan loves to climb!
Mommy and Nolan on the steps of  Beardshear hall.  We had to hold him, otherwise he just wanted to crawl up and down the steps!
Nolan running along the sidewalk at Lagomarcino hall.
Another good way to keep him still was to give him rides in a wagon...
Nolan poses with the wagon
Nolan and daddy at Beardshear

He's just too stinking cute.

Ok, so back to our anniversary today.  I did manage to swing by Hy-Vee over my lunch break today and pick out a bouquet of  purple and white flowers for Elizabeth, and then I dropped them off at her work.  I chose purple and white because that was the flower colors that she had for her wedding bouquet when we were married.  Then, later on today I found out that the traditional wedding gift for a fourth anniversary was flowers or fruit.  It sounds like I picked the right gift!

We were planning to go out to the Cafe for supper tonight, but we had a last minute change of plans and went to West Street Deli instead.  That was a little easier place to take Nolan out for supper anyways.  After that, we swung by Orange Leaf for some frozen yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment