This weekend I took Elizabeth and the kids up to Mason City to visit grandma Becky and to celebrate my birthday.
Friday night after arriving in Mason City, Elizabeth and I went out for some drinks as Fat Hill Brewing. They had some live music by a group called "The Sheet". After that, we stopped over to the Sports Page to watch the ISU basketball game. Unfortunately, the Cyclones ended up losing to Tennessee in the Sweet 16.
On Saturday we hung out at grandma's house for a bit, we let the kids play at a nearby park, and then we went to the "No Kings" rally in Mason City. Grandma had made a funny poster that showed Trump peeing into a fan and back onto himself. There were lots of other fun posters that we saw with things like "Orange Lies Matter" and "You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out". It was nice to see a bunch of Iowans with some common sense. We did stop by Birdsall's that afternoon to enjoy some ice cream.
That night, we all went out to eat at Northwestern Steakhouse, which I picked as my birthday meal. This was the kids' first time here. Nolan, Maxwell, and grandma all ordered the fillet with spaghetti. I wanted to try something different, so I ordered the ribeye with spaghetti. After comparing each, I would say that the fillet is definitely the best, but the ribeye was good too.
No comments:
Post a Comment